Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Banners. We hate them. Please stop them.

I am embarassed to admit that I use IE. It isn't that I prefer it over Firefox or other browsers, but in my line of work, it pays to see exactly what the client sees, so IE it is until they change their ways.

That's not the point of this article. The point is that those of us who hate banner advertising, especially those of us who do not have adbockers, are forced into dealing with them website to website, day to day, minute to minute. I can't stand them.

This article talks a little about some of the ways that this practice can be made obsolete through proper, honest advertising instead of by offering to give away a tremendous prize in exchange for some survey answers.

The complete story about blocking banner advertising is interesting, or you can read more stuff that 0boy likes.

No comments: